Hondo Valley Public Schools will transition to traditional on campus face-to-face instruction for all students who choose to attend. Our teachers are ready to teach, and our facilities are ready to accommodate our K-12 student body with the required social distancing.
HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- Masks are REQUIRED for all students, staff, and visitors including on school transportation. Exceptions are while eating and drinking.
- Adherence to social distancing requirements.
- A surveillance and rapid testing program is required for all HVPS staff. Currently 48% of HVPS faculty and staff are Immunized against COVID-19 and more on the NMDOH waiting list.
- Avoidance of large group gatherings.
- A daily student and staff screening that includes a temperature check and review of symptoms, along with a plan for contact tracing.
- Daily deep cleaning of all HVPS buildings
Traditional Face-to-Face Instruction—92 students grades K-12
- K-6—will begin Monday March 1, 2021.
- 7-12—will begin Monday March 8, 2021.
- The 2020-2021 instructional school day is 7:55 am to 3:20 pm Monday thru Thursday.
- In addition to the required core content areas (ELA, math, science, social studies) HVPS has kept PE and other electives in our K-12 academic schedule.
Remote Learning—36 students grades 2-12 have opted out of the traditional model so far.
- 2-12 grade Core Teachers will live stream their lessons during their regularly scheduled classes so remote learning students can participate in the lesson in real time.
- HVPS has designated a school personnel who will be available to provide immediate help and support to remote learning students throughout the day.
- Parents/students have access to any online programs their child is using in the general education or special education classroom, i.e., Khan Academy, Istation reading and math, Lexia, RAZ Kids, etc.
- Each K-12 teacher has daily office hours of Remote Learning support time scheduled into each instructional day to provide individual coaching, feedback and other support to students participating in Remote Learning.
- The remote learning option will allow us to pivot to 100% remote instruction if we are forced to cease face-to-face instruction for any reason.
ACTIVITIES AND ATHLETICS
- HVPS will follow the NMAA 20-21 amended sports calendar:
- HVPS will continue to support our students participation in FFA, Natural Helpers, etc. as much as possible through virtual applications and amended schedules.
- All HVPS students are eligible for free breakfast and lunch.
- In person meal service will be hot breakfast and lunch, and proper distancing in the cafeteria will be designated through floor markings and assigned seating. If additional space is required students may be asked to eat in their classrooms or another designated area.
- Remote learning students will receive grab and go meals for two (2) days, twice a week (Tuesday & Thursday) via the regular school bus routes.
- On school buses, students may sit up to two per bus seat but HVPS will strive limit seats to one student each.
- Buses are scheduled to arrive at HVPS between 7:30 and 7:45 am and will depart at 3:20 pm each school day.