Student Activities & Athletics
At Hondo Valley, we believe that participation in extracurricular activities promotes a sense of school pride and camaraderie. We encourage all students to find their niche in one or more of our programs. We have something for everyone!
Participation in team and individual sports not only fosters a feeling of belonging, but it allows students to develop both physically and emotionally. At Hondo Valley, we offer:
- Boys and Girls Basketball
In order to participate in Hondo Athletics, all students must complete a Student Athlete packet, have a current medical exam on file, provide proof of insurance, and pay the required $30 athletics fee.
Sports physicals are being offered at the Hondo Clinic.The dates for the physicals are June 3 and 17, from 8:00 a.m. through 4:00 p.m.
Please call (575) 630.7974 to set up an appointment.
Our Future Farmers of America chapter develops student leadership and promotes career success through agriculture education and project learning.
Are you a fact hog? Do you like to show what you know? Then join Knowledge Bowl! Our academic club competes against other schools throughout the state to answer questions like:
- Which U.S. national park located east of the Mississippi River is the oldest? (Acadia National Park)
- Which war was the setting in Ernest Hemingway‘s A Farewell to Arms? (WW1)
- Translate the Spanish word suerte into English. (Luck)
- How many times louder is a sound of 40 decibels compared to a sound of 10 decibels? (1000)
Student council representatives get hands-on experience in our democratic form of government. They represent student concerns and communication with stakeholders to ensure their classmates are receiving the best educational experience possible.
Our yearbook students learn many aspects of journalism and publishing such as:
- Photography and Graphic Design
- Writing and Editing
- Marketing and Sales